Canned Tuna Dip with Potato Chips and Caviar
Posted on February 14 2022,
Serve this fancy tuna dip along with crudités at your next party for an easy and elevated appetizer. We’ve punched up canned tuna with plenty of fresh herbs, raw garlic, and lemon juice to make this simple and impressive starter. Wavy potato chips, caviar, and a cold bottle of natural wine will dial in the vibe.
Ready in 10 minutes Makes 6 servings as an appetizer
- 1 (5-6-oz) can tuna
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped dill
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Drizzle of high-quality extra virgin olive oil for finishing
- Flaky salt such as Maldon for finishing
- 1 bag wavy potato chips
- 1 bunch radishes and/or carrots
- 1 ounce caviar or salmon roe (or more if you like)
STEP 1 In a large bowl stir tuna together with the sour cream, garlic, herbs and lemon juice. Mix until the dip is smooth and well combined, salting to taste. Transfer to a nice bowl, finish with a drizzle of good olive oil, more herbs and flaky salt. Serve with crudités, chips and fancy caviar.
A version of this recipe first appeared as part of a collaboration with our friends at BD Outdoors.