Spot Prawn Carpaccio
Ready in 20 minutes Makes 4 servings as an appetizer
Suggested serving size 5-6 pieces per person
- Two pounds fresh local spot prawns, about 12-16 prawns
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 Meyer lemon (2 teaspoons of lemon zest & later halved)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped scallions or chives
- One baguette or half a loaf of fresh sourdough
2 Add olive oil, zest from lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently until mixture is thoroughly combined, taste and season again if necessary. Transfer mixture to fridge. Carpaccio can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to two days.
3 Before serving, slice bread and grill or toast with olive oil and salt. Slice lemon into small wedges. Arrange carpaccio on toasted or grilled bread, garnish with chopped chives and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Got Eggs? Lucky you. If your prawns came with roe, we recommend setting aside and serving on top of the carpaccio to make it extra decadent.